The Pepper Jack Venison Steak and Onion Sandwich is my favorite creation. It’s so full of flavor your mouth won’t know what hit it! The pepper jack cheese gives it a spicy hot kick. Add spicy venison backstrap and fried onions and you have perfection.
This is one sandwich that you’ll make time and time again and the whole family will love it! This is a “whenever” sandwich–it’s great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack or whenever and it’s good as leftovers, too. You can make them the night before and have a nice lunch the next day.
Just let it completely cool and wrap it well in a paper towel and then put it in a lunch bag. Then unwrap and heat in the microwave for about 20 seconds, turn it over and heat another 20 seconds. Then watch out because the smell will attract your co-workers!
- 1 lb venison backstrap or tenderloin, cut into small thin slices
- 1 12 oz bottle of Stubb’s Chicken Marinade, Citrus & Onion
- 8 slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
- 8 slices of Flowers or Sunbeam white Texas Toast
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
Share this Recipe on Facebook and Twitter