I own and shoot the Killer Instinct KI-365 in Mossy Oak Camo. This was the first crossbow I’ve ever owned. I also bought the KI-350 for my girls as their Christmas present. I have shot others in the past, but never hunted with them…
I had to make the switch because of a rotator cuff tear in my right shoulder last summer. I held out until the end of deer season to get my surgery done. I tried to tough it out, but as the season went on (late after Thanksgiving), I could no longer pull back the bow without being in pain. I decided to get the Kl-365 crossbow to ride out the season before getting the surgery.
This crossbow was shipped to my home in December of 2014 from BroadheadBarn.com. It came equipped with an adjusted forearm stock, thumb guard rail, and an illuminated red/green mil-dot scope. It also came with 20″ Black Eagle Killer Tech Arrows with brass inserts.
This is the first evolution of KI high performance crossbows. The KI-365 produces speeds of 365+ FPS and is still one of the most compact and well balanced crossbows on the market. Included is Killer Instinct’s Pro-Grade illuminated glass multi-reticle scope, which allows you to confidently put the improved speed and power to use at varying ranges. The addition of our deadening string suppressors reduces sound and vibration. The highly detailed Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity finish adds depth, detail and definition.
- OWN THE HUNT™ PRO-GRADE ILLUMINATED GLASS RETICLE SCOPE
- DEADENING™ STRING SUPPRESSORS
- THREE (3) KI™ CARBON CROSSBOLTS
- TACTICAL SIDE MOUNT QUIVER SYSTEM
- ROPE COCKING DEVICE
- STARTER PACK OF RAIL LUBE
- FEET PER SECOND: 365+
- KINETIC ENERGY: 115 FT LB
- DRAW WEIGHT: 175 LBS
- POWER STROKE: 14”
- WEIGHT: 6.4 LBS
It came in a box, and I had to assemble the crossbow, but found it was not very difficult. The next day I went to the range to zero in the scope. It only took a few shots to zero in. Once I zeroed it in at 20 yards, the rest was dead on all the way out to 60 yards without any tweaking! I was very impressed when I tried 50 yards and kept hitting the bullseye! I was surprised how much I enjoyed shooting it since I have always been a die hard vertical bow hunter!
Finally, I took it out for hunting…I killed a nice Texas Hill Country 10 pointer with it. I have never killed anything with a crossbow before, and when I shot the 10 pointer…it was dead on where I was aiming for. I used a Magnus Stinger broadhead. www.MagnusBroadheads.com It caused a devastating entry wound on the front shoulder and stopped on the opposite side of the shoulder bone, almost a pass through. It left a serious blood trail which made for an easy tracking job!
I was able to see the Pros and Cons of this Killer Instinct’s KI-365 when I took it out on the field…
– VERY Reasonable price for a Ready To Hunt Crossbow package
– It has string dampener..it is not as loud as older crossbows
– It is deadly accurate out to 60 yards!
– It is fast…at 365+ FPS!
– Weighs only 6.4 lbs
– Easy to handle
– Quiver doesn’t secure the arrows real good, lost two bolts while walking to the blind
– Scope lens cover comes off really easy, had to use electric masking tape to keep in its place
– Trigger is set at 5.5#…very heavy
– Quiver mounting location is awkward, placed parallel to the crossbow rather than by traditional front of the foot stirrup handle
– No carrying strap
– String in some areas is loose when not in cocked position
– No cranking device, using rope cocking device is difficult to pull back with
– Could use an extra room for picatinny rail on the front for hog light or other accessories for night hunting in Texas
I give it a 7 out of 10 because of its deadly accuracy out to 60yds. and reasonable price at $599.99 for a Ready To Hunt Package. Can’t really beat, that and it’s fun to shoot! Could go beyond, if you use HHA Sports Inc.’s own Optimizer Lite Speed Dial Crossbow Sight Mount. This gives you the capability of shooting out to 100 yards or more with HAWKE scope mounted on it!
The KI has made huge improvements to their crossbow line ups!
– Better adjustable trigger
– New cranking device
– Tactical folding stock
Quiver could use better materials, and a way of securing the arrows on there nice and tight…Be aware of your arrows when walking to your hunting spot…