Wild Turkey Recipe
Wild Turkey can be used in more recipes than just baked or fried ones. Let’s start looking beyond the word “Wild” and start using meat as meat. Here is a new recipe from wild game chef From Field To Plate. I have a feeling it will become one of our families new favorite wild game recipes.
1 pound wild turkey breast or thigh meat, cubed
3 tablespoons corn starch
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon cracked pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon chili powder
1 egg, whisked
Bunch of green onions, white cut off
- In Ziploc bag add all ingredients minus egg wash and meat
- Dip each chunk of turkey into egg wash and shake in flour mixture
- In large wok or skillet add ½ cup peanut oil over med-high and stir fry turkey until fully cooked 4-6 minutes
- You can cook meat in batches if your skillet or wok is not large enough
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- In small bowl whisk all ingredients together
- Once meat is fully cooked add sauce and green onions to the skillet or wok and coat meat, sauce will start to thicken as it cooks.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, constantly stirring so not to burn sauce
- Remove from heat add 3 tablespoons sesame seeds and top with diced green onions
- scoop over cooked rice and enjoy
Be sure to check out the wild game chef From Field To Plate website for more awesome wild game recipes..
Let us know you you liked this recipe in the comments below!
Share this great recipe on Facebook or Twitter