Cooking Wild Turkey Breast
With spring turkey season kicking off, you may find yourself wondering what to make with that turkey breast you harvested. Well here is my go to fried turkey recipe. This is a simple wild turkey recipe but tastes fantastic that everyone will enjoy.
Fried Wild Turkey Recipe
- 1 wild turkey breast, cut into strips
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-2 teaspoons Cavender’s seasoning or your favorite seasoning
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2-3 cups peanut oil
- Mix the buttermilk, garlic powder and onion powder in a large bowl.
- Soak the turkey strips in the mixture for at least 3-4 hours (or overnight, if possible).
- Spread the panko bread crumbs out on the surface of a large plate and sprinkle with your seasoning.
- Dip the marinated turkey strips into the seasoned bread crumbs and coat generously.
- In a large cast iron skillet or frying pan, bring the oil to 375 degrees F.
- Fry the turkey strips until golden brown. Cook in several batches, if needed.
- Allow the strips to cool on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up excess oil.
Simple and easy to make but yet so delicious.
Check out more of our featured wild game recipes here
Be sure to share this recipe on Facebook or Twitter